Are you looking for best front loading washing machine? Then, you’ve come to the right place.
Earlier, we’ve talked about the fully automatic top-load washing machines that are more popular in the Indian households.
But, the front-load machines are also equally trending in the market, thanks to their advanced features that are liked even by the western countries.
These front door washing machines seem expensive in the beginning but can save a lot in the long run.
Read our Washing Machine Buying Guide to know more about different technologies used in a washing machine with front-load option.
Best Front Load Washing Machine in India
Find below the top 5 fully automatic front door washing machines available in India at the moment.
|Brand/Model||Capacity||Fully Automatic||Reload Option|
|IFB Senator Aqua SX||8 KG||Yes||Yes|
|IFB Senorita Aqua SX||6.5 KG||Yes||Yes|
|IGB Diva Aqua SX||6 KG||Yes||Yes|
|Bosch WAK24169IN||7 KG||Yes||Yes|
|LG FH0H3NDNL02||6 KG||Yes; (Inverter Technology)||No|
We’re listing only the top 3 washing machine brands, namely IFB, Bosch and LG. The other brands like Samsung, Whirlpool, Godrej etc… are not so popular in this fully automatic front load machine segment. So, we’ve not included them in the list.
IFB Front Loading Washing Machines in India
When it comes to washing machines, IFB is the numero 1 brand in India. They come in different capacities starting from 6 kg to 8 kg.
- Air Bubble Wash: The machine makes use of millions of air bubbles which dwell deep into the fabric to clear the stubborn dirt out of your clothes.
- Aqua Energy Technology: There is a built-in device that energises the water and dissolves the detergent efficiently in order to give your clothes as softer wash.
- 3D Wash System: Thoroughly soak and wash your clothes using the dynamic water system.
- Crescent Moon Drum: It grooves on the drum surface to create a gentle water cushion, thus preventing any harm to your fabric.
- Higher Spin Speed: If you don’t know already, the higher the spin speed, the faster the drying time. IFB machines come with up to 1400 rpm.
- Smart Sensors: It has smart sensing technology to detect the type of material and redistribute them to maintain a consistent and stable wash.
- Foam Control System: Whenever there is a foam formation, the machine senses it and activates a dilution system to prevent excess foam.
- Ball Valve Technology: It prevents wastage of water by flushing only the water out while keeping the detergent in.
- Rat Mesh: It prevents any entry of rats or mouse into the machine.
- Tub Clean: Makes the wash tub clean after every use for longevity of the machine.
- High/Low Voltage Protection: Whenever there are any power fluctuations below safe levels, the machine automatically pauses the work and resumes when the power stabilise.
Bosch Front Loading Washing Machines in India
Bosch is another popular brand that is leading its way into the top consumer electronics industry with unique features.
- Active Water: This feature determines the right amount of water required based on the amount of load you put in.
- Anti-Vibration: Thanks to the unique design, the machine does not shake even while spinning. So, it works without any noise.
- Eco+: Saves your electricity bill as it consumes less power.
- Vario Drum: A breakthrough wave-droplet design that offers gentle cleaning results for fine textiles.
- Speed+: Thorough wash cycles up to 1 hour with pristine cleaning results.
- Self-Cleaning: To ensure better hygiene, these machines come with a high degree self-cleaning mechanism.
- Monsoon Program: For quicker drying of clothes in the monsoon season, you can select this program.
- Super 15’/30’ Program: Select this option to wash up to 2 kgs of clothes in just 15 to 30 minutes of time. Very useful when in a hurry.
- Time Delay Function: You can set the machine to delay the wash cycle function between 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Reload Option: This feature lets you open the front door early in the cycle if you want to either add or remove the clothes from the machine.
- AllergyPlus: This ECARF-certified washer program is safe for allergy sufferers.
- Volt Check Indicator: To protect the machine from high/low voltage fluctuations.
LG Front Loading Washing Machines in India
LG is one of the best brands when it comes to home appliances in India. They even come in the top 3 when it comes to best washing machines as well.
- Optimal Wash for Fabric: The 6-motion Direct Drive technology provides optimal wash for each type of fabric to ensure best results.
- Beautiful Design: All the LG washing machines are beautifully designed with elegant color combinations.
- Smart Diagnosis: Don’t call a technician. Just use the smart diagnosis feature to find any malfunction in the machine.
- Full Touch Control: It comes with touch control interface.
- Control Using WiFi: You can operate the washing machine using your smartphone over the WiFi connection.
- Inverter DD Tech: It eliminates the use of belt or pulley, thus reduces your consumption of electricity.
- Less Vibration: It makes less vibration and less noise, thanks to the above technology.
- Voltage Detection: The machine detect any major fluctuations in the power and adjusts itself accordingly.
Although not very popular in India as of now, the western countries prefer the front-loading washing machines over the top-loading washing machines.
It is mainly because of the different ways of washing clothes in India and abroad.
Below are a few features you should look for before purchasing a front-loading washing machine in India.
A] Cycle Times
Front loaders usually take longer to complete a load. But, the latest washing machines come with QuickWash function which complete your load in just 15 to 30 minutes.
So, check whether the machine is having speed wash functions or not.
B] Drum Capacity
The larger the size of the drum, the more clothes you can wash in a cycle. Normally, you can go for 7 to 8 kg washing machine if you’ve the budget. It might come handy in the future when your family size increases.
C] Spin Speed
This is self-explanatory. The faster the spin speed, the faster the clothes will dry.
Select the machines with 1000 to 1200 rpm.
D] Energy Ratings
The wash machine usually consume more power and hence to reduce the costs of electricity, it is better to select those with higher energy rating.
The more the rating, the lesser your power consumption.
The latest machines come with many programs like Quick, Heavy, Wool, Silk, Monsoon etc… So, depending on your specific needs, you can select these features.
And, remember to select the machine with anti-allergy feature if you have kids in your home.
This is very important as the front-load machines are usually larger in size when compared to top-load ones.
So, measure the area where you wanted to keep the machine and select the one that fits the dimensions.
|Requirement||Washing Machine Capacity|
|1-2 people||5.5 kg or smaller|
|3-4 people||5.5 kg to 8 kg|
|4+ people||8 kg or larger|
Benefits of Front Loading Washing Machines
- They utilize less electricity, water and detergents when compared with top-load ones.
- They come in larger capacities compared to the top-loading machines and hence you’ll have more space inside to fit more clothes in bulk.
- There won’t be any agitators or impellers in the wash tub and hence the internal space can be well utilized for washing.
- These machines do not cause tangling of clothes as they come with tumbling action and not spinning action like in the top-loading machines.
- They are excellent when it comes to the performance and fabric care.
- Lastly, they look more attractive with the glass doors on the front side with chrome accents.
Drawbacks of Front-Loader Washing Machines
Just like any product, they too have some disadvantages. Here are some of those demerits.
- They occupy more space since these machines are larger.
- As the loading space is fitted on the front mid section, it might be difficult for older people to frequently bend while loading & unloading activity.
- The wash tubs easily get accumulated with molds, mildew and hence it’ll need regular cleaning and maintenance or else you’ll have to face foul smell.
- If you want to increase the machines height using the base, then remember that the bases for front-load machines are expensive.
- When not in use, you’ll need to leave the front-door open to avoid any formation of mildew or molds.
Hope this buying guide will help you select the best front load washing machine in India. If you’ve any queries regarding the purchase of front-loading machines, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments.